Saturday, March 28, 2009

Hi everyone. Today (and last night) is Rosh Hashanah, more commonly called the Jewish New Year....so....HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Rosh Hashanah is literally translated, "head of the year." So although we aren't having a big celebration (we've just been to busy to prepare for it) we will think about the year to come, what we want to accomplish, and especially, ways we want to improve ourselves. We are eating apples and honey to symbolize having a sweet year ahead! The honey, by the way, was given to us by Charlotte's boyfriend down in Florida...his parents have a farm there and raise the honey bees themselves. It has an orange flavor, because the bees collect their pollen from orange tree blossums! It's delicious!



Michael and Zach (Davey's grandson) blew the Shofar on the porch. My grandson enjoyed some apples too!

We prayed that we would all improve ourselves, treat each other kinder and with more respect, strive to make our home someplace that the children WANT to be, the center of our lives, and a haven of rest and love for those we don't see as often (Charlotte, Kelsey, Travis and Amanda) because they are on their own.


My biggest flaw, which I hope to improve in the new year, is mis-scheduling my time, and getting all that I need to get done, finished! The bottom line is that I just take on too much and on top of that I'm a procrastinator. I have an article I got from a friend about how to deal with procrastination, so I think today would be a great day to read it! My mismanagement of time has led to not spending as much of my life with family, immediate and especially extended, and not sharing and keeping in touch with relatives and friends who we are apart from.

No comments: